Rain, rain, go away…
Guest: We are so excited and looking forward to our trip! We are taking the scenic ferry route from Cedar Island to Ocracoke to Hatteras and up Hwy 12.
I understand most attractions are outdoors at the Outer Banks. However, with a chance of rain, besides the Wright Brothers museum, are there other places where we may explore indoors?
Our reply: For rainy day attractions, you’re right that the Wright Bros. museum is a good one. In order of how close they are to the loft, there’s:
- Jockey’s Ridge visitor’s center (and it’s free!),
- the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island,
- some of the attractions at Roanoke Island Festival Park,
- Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education (another free one!),
- Frisco Native American Museum,
- and the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
- Destination Funplex. Nearby The Lark is an indoor bounce house, arcade, mini golf and laser tag.
- Outer Banks Children’s Museum. The museum recently re-opened in the Buccaneer’s Walk Center, expanding the already great play/learning space.
- Of course there’s also covered strip malls and a few restaurants that have ocean views from inside.